Monday, November 30, 2015

Batter Buns Recipe and Day 2 for the Advent

Hello Blog Friends,

   Here is the story of the Batter Buns Recipe. In 1972 I moved to Colorado Springs from upstate NY. My brother was stationed here as a musician in the United States Air Force Academy Drum and Bugle Corps. The man I married was in the United States Air Force Academy Band. There were many older couples in the band and one couple seemed to take in the young ones to show us the ropes. Jean and Adrian had 6 kids, so you know she knew everything! Jean became not only a close friend but she was like a second Mom. She taught me how to do the new Mom things after Tara was born, before my Mom got to come out. She also taught me how to make these delicious rolls that I have been making for over 42 years! I miss her to this day as she tragically passed away from Cancer in 1981.

Here is the recipe!

Batter Buns  by Jean Dubois

In a large mixing bowl add 1 Cup very warm water, 1 package dry yeast and 1/8 Cup 
sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt- ( I don't add a lot of salt so I just shake the shaker a few times)
Stir together- I like to let the yeast work a little before I continue-
Add 1 1/4 Cup of flour, stir 2 Tablespoons shortening, 1 Egg, mix well! Add 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Flour, mix well. Cover and let rise until double. ( I use a dish towel) I also turned my oven on 200 to help the dough raise.

Once the dough has doubled, stir down. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans. Let rise until double.
Bake 375 until golden brown. I bake for 3-4 minutes and then turn and change racks. Yields 1 DZ
I always double the recipe as everyone loves them!

This is Jean!

 Day 2 Advent Prepare.

I am using a photo of Pikes Peak- as you need to Prepare for hiking the Peak, like we need to Prepare for the Lord's Birthday.
Peace and Love,
Linda
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! I hope to make them sometime and will let you know if I do. Have a lovely week...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, I searched your blog for this recipe. Bless you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have a day full of love and blessings! Thanks for stopping by. Linda