Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Texas Trip and a photo we found at Tara's

Hello Blogging Friends,
  This summer has flown by! Tara was home for most of June, the longest since she left for the Air Force at 19. We drove to San Antonio on the 22nd. We made it in 1 day, a long day!
  Tara and I took a wine tour of Fredericksburg. It was great! The tour company picked us up at Tara's home. There is a  photo of Angie our tour guide. There were 6 people on the shuttle. We went to 4 wineries and then had lunch and toured Fredericksburg. A busy little town, the countryside reminds me a lot of upstate NY and the mountains of PA. Tara and I went back to Greune, Texas and toured the little Winery there. Winery on the Greune. They had the best wine and we bought some to take home. We had a delicious lunch at the Gristmill again. It is in an old cotton gin as well as one of the wineries in Fredericksburg. They had a delicious Sangria made from Peter Vella Wines, rose and Chablis. I had a really nice time. Except for the sad circumstances of why Tara was here, it was so nice to have my Daughter here for almost a month! I found this photo of my Mom and Dad from 1975, their 25th Anniversary with the Anniversary Silver Dollars my Grandparents gave them. Bob and I have them now and I bought a frame as I don't know why my brother took them out of the frame. I am going to put the silver dollars in there with photos of who has had them. We are the 3rd of our family to get them. Tara and Derrick will get them next! I hope you enjoy my photos and talk to you soon! I also scored a nice lot of Vintage Photos from Nancy of SugarlumpStudios on Etsy! Yes I hoard them! XO Linda

























3 comments:

  1. Just discovering your really great Victorian Site, as well as your blog. Such beautiful pieces! I would love to enter this month's giveaway, please. Best method of contact is to email me (kcthelush@yahoo.com). Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Looks like you had a really great time on your trip. The pictures are wonderful, looks like an Olde town area.
    Thanks for stopping by my studio blog post. It is always great to have you stop by for a visit.
    Hope you are enjoying your summer so far.
    Hugs
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time! I am jealous lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I wish you a day full of Blessings!
Linda