Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July to my blog friends!
When we were growing up 4th of July meant cookouts and parades, as my Daddy was very involved in the VFW. I do miss small town parades though! I hope you all have a wonderful day and remember those who gave us this day! I was reading about the 150th Anniversary of Gettysburg. Did you know that even NY sent troops from my hometown. The 137th NY helped turn the tide of the war. There was an interesting article in the home newspaper. I have been to Gettysburg and VA and toured the battlegrounds. Eerie, solemn and haunting! Several authors around upstate NY have written books about the battles, I believe I read that Culp's Hill was a big one. Here is a photo from Veterans Memorial Park, Owego NY.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 4ht of July,. Linda! be happy and may your country flourish further!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have a day full of love and blessings! Thanks for stopping by. Linda