Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday in Heaven Daddy!

Happy Birthday to my Daddy!

I miss you so much! My Daddy was a Military man, he served during WW11 and then spent 35 years in the Army Reserve, retiring as a 1Sgt. We grew up with C rations and fatigues. My Dad always brought us home new fatigues (now called BDU). Amazing how when we played outside we loved eating those. Tara even has a set of fatigues that Daddy got her when she was 2. LOL!  My Mom was a Quality Engineer and worked for IBM and they had transferred from Owego, NY to Tucson, they loved Arizona! IBM closed in Tucson so my Mom transferred to Manassas, VA and retired from VA. They lived in Culpeper, VA about 50 miles from Manassas. Before Bob and I were married we flew into Dc and visited with my Mom and Dad for 10 days. VA is a beautiful state! I don't think small town Culpeper was ready for a long haired, long bearded tattoo guy from Colorado!We sure did get a lot of looks. My Dad was also a retired Sheriff's Deputy from our town in NY and the Sheriff had passed away while we were in VA. We drove to NY with Daddy for the funeral. Bob got to meet my Granny and my brothers. We went on Cayuga Lake with Jay and Dad on the big cruiser he had. Bob got to steer it and then we stopped at the Marina restaurant and Bob had his first clams. I am not a seafood lover, so I only had the Genesee 12 Horse Ale. :)
This photo I brought home with me after Daddy passed away last December. I love this photo, he made the perfect US Calvary soldier! But the funny thing is yesterday when I
scanned this photo I saw that you could see my Daddy's pants at the bottom of the photo he had on checked pants- The frame hid his legs. LOL! well it was the 80's!
Again if you are joining the GYB party it ends next weekend.

Have a great week! XO Linda

2 comments:

  1. Sending you a hug my friend. Blessings, C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am visiting you from Vicki's party. Hope everyone is in the best of everything.

    Happy w/end.

    Greetings from a frozen Stockholm,
    /CC girl

    P.S.
    A new follower.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have a day full of love and blessings! Thanks for stopping by. Linda