Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

To 2012!
I hope this is the best year for us all! Health, Happiness, Peace on Earth, Prosperity and Success! Here is a photo of the clock I brought home from Daddy's. It was my Grandparents
and when it chimes it reminds me of them and now my parents too! The framed photo is my Grandmother Rena when she was young and the parchment above was made for my Great Grandmother Minnie. I have had the parchment for over 40 years. Before Bob encased it in the glass it was just in the frame- one day a breeze blew in and the parchment fell out with a piece of paper. On the paper was some family history that my Grandmother had placed behind the parchment. Interesting tidbit. Have a wonderful day! I am making City Chicken. If you are from the east mainly upstate NY  and some of PA you know what it is- marinated pork and beef, placed on wooden skewers and fried and then baked.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to have treasures that were owned by beloved family members? Thanks for sharing. Oh, I am from the east..Massachusetts, but had never heard of City Chicken. It does sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely keepsakes to have...I have never heard of City Chicken either:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will provide the recipe soon- I will take a photo before I warm up leftovers tonight-
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful clock, and I love the story behind it! We have a similar clock at our house-it was the first "real" gift my husband was able to buy for his parents after earning money from his first job, many years ago! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have a day full of love and blessings! Thanks for stopping by. Linda