Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cemetery Angels by Linda

One day last fall I went to Evergreen Cemetery here in Colorado Springs in search of an Angel. The photos I am putting up are done by me- remember I am still learning photoshop- you may use these Angels for your art work- but please do not sell the images themselves. If you want to send me a photo of anything you make with my photos I would love to post them! I am having a wonderful Sunday- My Dad is home from the hospital and rehab, he is doing well- his kitties are so happy he is home as we all are too! Today is the start of NASCAR!! So I am watching Dale Jr to see how he does- Martina McBride sang the National Anthem, she is an awesome singer and it was beautiful! As an AF Parent and a Proud American I love the patriotic events at the races and they always have some of our wonderful soldiers there. The AF Thunderbirds flew over for the beginning of the race, it was awesome! I love seeing the Thunderbirds! They also had a tribute to Dale Earnhardt Sr, hard to believe it has been 10 years since he has departed this world, On Lap #3 it was very touching to see everyone hold their fingers up for the #3 and a moment of silence.
Well anyhow back to the race and cleaning!
Have a wonderful day and  I hope you enjoy my Angels!




6 comments:

  1. Your angels are lovely. I am going to find a way to use them in some of my art! I am sad that when I visited my daughter who was living in Colorado Springs we didn't go to check out the cemeteries for angels. (She moved back to San Diego last June.) This is such a sweet statue. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These angels are so beautiful and indeed, it was such a loss when Dale Earnhardt died...I think it's still hard to believe that he is gone...
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I want to say that I'm glad that your dad is doing better and was finally able to come home...that is wonderful!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cindy!
    With My Mom gone, Daddy is even more special than ever! Want to keep him as long as possible!!
    Yes on Dale Sr. the racing fans always remember him and that was quite evident yesterday!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't your angels gorgeous!! Your Grand angles AND your photos!!! :) I saw the beautiful bracelet Trisha won & decided somone who picked that out would be a fun spot to visit! :) Glad I did! Fun to visit today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda ....just stumbled upon ur blog.i too luv angels and cherubs and have done a few in cross stitch.. Pls visit my blog wn u find some free time..luv ur beautiful blog!..


    http://ministreasuretrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have a day full of love and blessings! Thanks for stopping by. Linda